Competitions can be something that encourage you to keep focused when solo training on these long, dark nights. If forward planning keeps your eyes on the prize, then this Spring list of competitions might be a useful read for you. They are by no means the only competitions taking place around the UK, but they are the big ones and the ones that will be the most challenging for you, your fitness and your skills. Perhaps you are a seasoned competitor or maybe you have set yourself a new challenge for 2016…whatever your reason for competing, we can help you find somewhere to compete in England and Wales, between now and the end of May – Don’t worry, we will get you all geared up for the biggest of Summer competitions!
Competitive Cycling Spring 2016
- Wiltshire Wildcat – 12th March – Salisbury
- Chalky Chaser -13th March – Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Surrey Hills Cyclone – 20th March – Dorking, Surrey
- Vale Velo – 2nd April – York, North Yorkshire
- Cobbler Classic – 2nd April – Turweston, Northamptonshire
- New Forest Spring Sportive – 9th and 10th April – Hampshire, New Forest
- The Marches – 10th April – Ludlow, Shropshire
- Spring Saddle Sportive – 16th April – Newmarket, Suffolk
- UKCE Black Series – 17th April – Lampeter, Wales
- Ups and Downs MTB – 23rd April – Dorking, Surrey
- Bowland Bowbearer – 23rd April – Cumbria and Lancashire
- Ups and Downs MTB – 24th April – Dorking, Surrey
- Dartmoor Demon – 30th April – Exeter, Devon
- Wye Valley Warrior Sportive – 1st May – Chepstow, Wales
- Fell Beast – 7th May – Carlisle, Cumbria
- Jurassic Beast – 8th May – Bovington, Dorset
- Devils MTB – 14th May – Plumpton, East Sussex
- South Downs, Spring Sportive – 15th May – East Sussex
- UKCE Black Series – 21st May – Callington, Cornwall
- The Arrow – 22nd May – Lincolnshire
- County Durham Dynamo Sportive – 28th May – Darlington, County Durham
Why Competitive Cycle?
Well, anyone can cycle and it’s incredibly good for you! It helps you to reduce weight, gain muscle and increase your fitness. Did you know that it have been proven that cycling was a way of reducing the stress of daily life? What’s great about cycling is that you can make it as difficult as you want to make it or should I say…when you want to make it challenging. It’s a low-impact, cardiovascular fitness regime so great for the joints and the heart, well in fact, your whole body. So what’s not to love?!
Wheelie Good Guys and You
Wheelie Good Guys would like to say thank you to our sponsors Love2Date for all of their support. The aim of Wheelie Good Guys is to provide the latest cycling news which we think is both important and interesting to read. Whether you are an experienced cyclists or new to cycling altogether, we want to encourage you to start and continue cycling and keep you keen! Without our sponsors, Love2Date, we would not be able to do this and when you love helping single people with the common interest of sport to meet each other as much as we do, we are grateful for their support!